Welcome to the MSU Counseling Center. We provide confidential counseling services to all MSU registered students. We also provide standardized testing services to both students and the general public.
Counseling services are confidential. We provide individual, group and couples counseling.
To schedule a counseling appointment or talk to someone, please contact us
Check out all of Mental Health Resources at Michigan State University.
Michigan State University Counseling Center invites you to find out -in a few minutes, in your own privacy- whether or not professional consultation would be helpful to you. The free anonymous online screening Assessments below are made available to all students at Michigan State University.
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Alcohol & Drugs
- Eating Disorders
- Bi-Polar Disorder (Manic Depression)
- Welcome to Michigan State University Counseling Center's external Private Practioners list in the communities surrounding MSU. Please use this resource to search for private mental health care providers in the communities surrounding the Michigan State University campus.
Mental healthcare providers
- CDC podcasts on intimate partner violence
- University of Chicago's Virtual Pamphlet collection
Links to an extensive list of online pamphlets on various mental health topics such as perfectionism, depression, eating disorders, test anxiety, stress management, and many more.
An online resource for mental health information for MSU students.
- NIMH's Mental Health Information
Links to the National Institute of Mental Health�s library of mental health topics.
- Self-Help Books and Internet Resources Reccomended by Counseling Center Staff
Our staff compiled a list of books and web resources that we recommend to students.
- Counseling Center Progressive Relaxation CDs
Free Progressive Relaxation CDs.
- Relaxation MP3s
Two free relaxation MP3s, courtesy of Hobart & William Smith Colleges.